Myeongdong is one of the busiest places in Seoul. You can enjoy shopping, food, culture, etc. closely, so many foreigners visit for sightseeing. There are also many good restaurants and street food. Today may be subjective, but let me introduce you to most famous food in Myeongdong Seoul and the food I want to recommend the most.
Most famous food in myeongdong seoul: Myeongdong Gyoza
The most famous food in Myeongdong Seoul is Myeongdong Gyoja Kalguksu.
Myeongdong Gyoja is considered a good restaurant among Koreans. It tastes good, but it is also an old restaurant that many people remember as a taste of memories.
Myeongdong Gyoja, which has been in operation since 1966, is famous for kalguksu and dumplings. Because it is famous, it is also a place where people eat in line all the time.
Myeongdong Gyoja Address, Location
Myeongdong Gyoja operates the main branch of Myeongdong, the first store, and three Itaewon stores.
- Myeongdong Main Store Location: 29, Myeongdong 10-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Myeongdong Gyoja Branch: Myeongdong 10-gil 10, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Myeongdong Itaewon Branch: 136, Noksapyeong-daero, Yongsan-gu, Seoul Myeongdong Gyoja
Main Store and branch are located in the same alley. You can take subway line 4 or 2 to find it on foot. There is no separate parking lot.
Introduction to Myeongdong Gyoza Menu
There are a total of four menus for Myeongdong Gyoza and they are as follows.
- Kalguksu: Delicious and rich chicken broth, soft kalguksu, and garnish go well together.
- Dumpling: It is a steamed dumpling made with various ingredients in thin blood. Dumplings made using fresh ingredients are made into bite-sized dumplings. I love the taste of chewing meat with a moist filling. It tastes even better with kimchi.
- Bibim-guksu: Delicious noodles mixed with spicy, sour sauce.It’s a good menu for those who like spicy taste.
- Bean Noodles: A summer dish eaten by grinding beans and black beans with chlorella noodles in bean water. You can taste it in the summer.
If you recommend the must-eat menu among the above, I recommend Myeongdong Gyoja Kalguksu and dumplings. At Myeongdong Gyoja, you can refill noodles and eat rice, so you can eat rice after you finish the noodles. But you must order one menu per person.
Myeongdong Gyoza Kalguksu Menu, Taste Description
- Soft Kalguksu Noodles: Noodles are boiled in broth, so the broth is cut into the noodles, making them more delicious, and the soft and smooth noodles are attractive.
- Delicious broth: It uses chicken broth and has a clean and savory taste. It is characterized by the taste that is not dry even though it is boiled with noodles.
- Garnish: Stir-fried onions and meat garnish are on top of the noodles. It is also characterized by triangular dumplings on top.
- Kimchi: Kimchi served as a side dish is characterized by its pungent and spicy taste with plenty of garlic. There are so many people who can’t forget the taste of kimchi.
If you are in Myeong-dong, Seoul, don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy the fun and comfortable Myeong-dong Gyoza. I recommend you to experience Myeongdong Gyoza’s noodles and dumplings, which are also popular among Koreans.
Myeongdong Gyoza FAQ
Is Myeongdong Gyoja suitable for vegetarians?
Kalguksu uses chicken broth and meat garnish, and dumplings also contain pork, which is not suitable. But kongguksu and bibimguksu are good choices.
Is it possible to wrap the gyoza in Myeongdong?
Yes, Myeongdong Gyoja provides a packaging service so that you can enjoy it anytime, anywhere.
So far, I introduced Myeongdong Gyoza, the most famous food in myeongdong Seoul. Below is the best list of jjimjilbangs in Seoul. You’ll be able to get help if you refer to it.