where is the Best 5 cities must go in Korea? Korea, one of the most attractive countries in Asia, combines ancient traditions with modern beauty. Many travelers are satisfied after visiting because you can see the quiet old scenery to the lively city. Today, I will introduce you to best 5 cities that you must go in Korea. If you are planning to visit Korea, please read the article below.
Best 5 cities must go in Korea
Seoul: The Dynamic Capital
Seoul is the capital of South Korea and one of the most densely populated cities in the world. Seoul is a global metropolis where history and culture, high-tech and fashion coexist, and has a great influence on Korea and the world in various fields such as economy, culture, transportation, and education. There are world-famous tourist attractions in Seoul, and many tourists visit it due to the Korean Wave culture.
Seoul’s representative tourist attraction
- Gyeongbokgung Palace: Gyeongbokgung Palace is the most representative royal palace in the Joseon Dynasty, and it is a popular place for domestic and foreign tourists both inside and outside of Seoul.
- Myeongdong: Myeong-dong is a major commercial district in central Seoul and is famous for its street culture and shopping destinations representing Korea.
- Others: Namsan Tower, Jongno, Insa-dong, Cheonggyecheon, Gwanghwamun Square, Itaewon, etc
Jeju Island: Nature’s Haven
Jeju Island is the southernmost island in Korea and is rich in natural environment. It is the most famous tourist destination in Korea, and it is a tourist destination not only for overseas tourists but also for Koreans. Jeju Island has various attractions such as unique stone walls, joan walls, Ongdol Square, and Jeju Island’s unique ecosystem. Jeju Island has developed into a tourist city famous for its history and cultural heritage, rich natural environment, and delicious food.
Jeju Island’s representative tourist attraction
- Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak: Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak is one of the most famous sunrise spots in Jeju Island and has become a representative tourist destination in Jeju Island. It is also famous as a place where tourists visit to see the sunset every night.
- Udo Island.: Udo Island is a small island located near the north of Jeju Island and is a very popular tourist destination not only for domestic tourists but also for foreign tourists. Udo Island is attracting attention for its attractive natural scenery such as rape flower fields, stone harbangs, and sunrise parks.
- Hallasan Mountain: Hallasan Mountain is a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site, the highest mountain in Jeju Island and is known as a representative hiking spot. There are various tourist attractions in Hallasan Mountain, including Gwaneumsa Temple, which is famous for its Jeju fortress, and Baeknokdam Valley, which is the geographical center. In addition, there are various tourist attractions such as oreum, sea, and pond.
Busan: A Coastal Gem
Busan is the second city in Korea and is located on the southern coast. Busan has become an attractive tourist destination with various topography such as the sea, mountains, rivers, and valleys, and is a representative tourist city with many visitors from home and abroad. Busan Port, the largest port in Korea, plays an important role in trade and exchange not only with Korea but also with foreign countries. Busan is also the place where several cultural festivals are held every year, including the Busan International Film Festival, which is a famous film festival overseas.
Busan’s representative tourist attraction
- Haedong Yonggungsa: Haedong Yonggungsa Temple is a representative temple in Busan and is designated as National Treasure No. 24. Representative tourist attractions of Haedong Yonggungsa Temple include Yonggungam Hermitage and Daecheongho Lake.
- Gwangalli Beach: Gwangalli Beach is one of the representative beaches in Busan and is famous for its beautiful beaches and clean sea. In summer, there are many things to enjoy, such as swimming and playing on the beach.
- Taejongdae: Taejongdae is a rocky mountain with a beautiful night view located in the southeast of Busan.
- Other: International Market, Somewhere Festival in Busan, Songjeong Beach, Yongdusan Mountain, etc
Gyeongju: Time Travel to the Past
Often called the “Museum without Wall,” Gyeongju is a treasure trove of ancient history. It was once the capital of the ancient Silla Kingdom and is home to many UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Gyeongju’s representative tourist attraction
- Seokguram: Seokguram is a representative cave temple in Korea and is a representative cultural property designated as National Treasure No. 24 in 1962. Seokguram Hermitage is composed of many ruins, including the Seated Stone Buddha, and is attracting many tourists because of its beautiful architecture and natural environment.
- Bulguksa Temple: Bulguksa Temple is one of the most beautiful temples in Korea, a representative cultural property of Zen Buddhism, and was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995. Bulguksa Temple has many beautiful structures and Buddha statues.
- Anapji: Anapji is one of Silla’s representative artificial ponds and is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Anapji is a small pond located on a flatland and shows people the changes in light and color.
- Others: Cheomseongdae, Geummungyo Alley, Seondeokwangneung Royal Tomb, Hwangridan-gil, etc
Incheon: Gateway to Korea
Located in the western part of Korea, it is close to Seoul, the center of the metropolitan area, and plays a very important role as a transportation hub. Incheon serves as an international economy and trade tourist destination, and has representative transportation hubs such as Incheon Airport and Incheon Port
Incheon’s representative tourist attraction
- Incheon Chinatown: Incheon Chinatown is the center of Chinese culture where buildings designed to reflect China’s regional, cultural and historical characteristics, various Chinese cuisine, Chinese cuisine, and traditional Chinese crafts are sold.
- Wolmido Island: Wolmido Island, along with Hanyang (Seoul), a representative existing capital of the Joseon Dynasty, is a tourist destination with the natural environment and cultural relics.
- Songdo Central Park: Songdo Central Park is a large park and is a famous tourist destination as a family playground by holding various events and various cultural yards.
- Others: Incheon Bridge, Wolmido Park, and Songdo Art Center.
Korea is an attractive country that attracts tourists with various scenery and cultural treasures. From the busy streets of Seoul to the quiet temples of Gyeongju, Korea offers unforgettable trips through time and nature.
When is the best time to visit Korea?
The best time to visit Korea is the spring (April to June) and autumn (September to November), and the weather is good, and it is decorated with various flowers in spring and colorful autumn leaves in autumn.
Are English speakers easily understood in Korea?
Although English is not widely spoken, it is still possible to communicate in basic English in tourist destinations and major cities where locals are still accustomed to interacting with foreigners, especially in rural areas.
Is Korea a safe country for travelers?
Korea is generally considered a safe country for travelers. The crime rate is low, and the locals are famous for their friendliness and hospitality to visitors.
Is there any vegetarian food in Korea?
While Korean cuisine contains a lot of meat and seafood, you can find vegetarian food, especially in certain restaurants and professional vegetarian restaurants in large cities.
Can I use a credit card in Korea?
Yes, credit cards are widely used in Korea, especially in cities and tourist attractions. However, small businesses may prefer cash transactions, so it is recommended to carry cash.